This privacy Notice applies to all activities for processing of personal information by Best Business Guide Limited, a company registered in the Isle of Man, referred to in this privacy notice as “we” or “us” or “The Company”.
The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to explain how we collect and use personal information in connection with our business. “Personal Information” is details about a living individual who can be identified from that information (either by itself or when combined with other information).
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time and will publish a revised version. You can request copy of our up to date Privacy Notice from time to time by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority for us and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. We also want to be transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
- What personal data we collect;
- How we obtain your information;
- How long we keep your data;
- How we use your data;
- How we protect the data we hold;
- Your legal rights relating to your personal data.
The policy covers:-
1. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
- Name, e-mail address, phone number, information about you or your business and other information which is relevant to your enquiry.
- CV’s or application in respect of a job vacancy or speculative job new enquiry.
- Information you have provided via the comments form on our website.
- Technical information about your device such as address, operating system, browser, timezone settings, the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our website, URL clickstream data, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
We collect data which is given to us by visitors to our website or through our normal day to day interaction with clients, colleagues and partners. This may include:
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Clients have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our services are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
2. HOW WE OBTAIN YOUR INFORMATION
- Information which is freely given to us by you either by electronic, verbal or other means, including via our website, e-mail or social media.
- Data provided on the comments form on our website.
- Information we receive from third parties, e.g., people who have recommended your business through our website.
- Information which is gathered from public sources, such as the press, published documents, company registers, electoral register etc.
- Via Cookies when you visit our website.
The information we hold is made up of personal information which is collected directly from you. If you are a client we may also hold information about your business, the proprietors, officers and beneficial owners of that business. This includes:-
3. HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
- Provide and administer those services and products throughout your relationship with us, including, setting up and delivering our services, including publication of The Best Business Guide and carrying out your instructions;
- Confirm your identity and perform checks for the purpose of assessing the validity of a recommendation;
- Protect customers, employees and other individuals and maintain their safety, health and welfare;
- Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- To help with spam detection through our website.
- Prevent, investigate and detect crime, fraud, including where applicable, working with law enforcement agencies;
- Protect the Company, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to the Company;
- Effectively handle any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against us or our clients and;
- Fulfil our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
- Investigate and resolve complaints;
We may process your information to provide our services to you and fulful our contractual obligations including publication of the Best Business Guide. Please note if you do not agree to provide us with the information we request it may not be possible for us to continue to provide our services to you. This may include processing to:-
4. SHARING DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
In order to make certain services available we may need to share your personal data with service partners. These may include service providers, government bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals, insurers/benefits and consultants/agents.
- To exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- Where we are required to do so for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders;
- For the protection of our employees and clients;
- Where the information is required to enable any agents or sub-contractors acting on our behalf to provide a service to us;
- Our suppliers and service providers to facilitate the provision of the website, related services and our client services, including IT consultants, web hosting providers, recruitment service providers, consultants and similar third parties.
- We have your permission.
We only allow our service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls and in the following instances:-
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, we will not disclose your personal data to any third party. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
5. TRANSFERRING INFORMATION OVERSEAS
We will not transfer your information to organisations or individuals in other countries.
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We manage our records to help us to provide a service to our Clients, for example, dealing with any queries you may have and to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, the nature of the activity, product or service and any relevant specific requirements for your particular location.
Should you wish to obtain specific information about retention of your own data, please contact the Data Protection Officer.
7. COOKIE STATEMENT
- Cookies which are essential to allow you to move around our website and use it’s features.
- Information in an anonymous form about how visitors use our website, including counting the number of visitors and how the website is used.
- Cookies which remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in, if applicable) and provide more enhance personal features.
- Cookies which allow you to connect with social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+. These are persistent cookies which will be kept on your device until they expire.
We may collect different types of cookies for the following purposes:-
By using our website and social media we assume you are happy for us to place cookies on your device. Most internet browsers automatically accept cookies; however if you or another user of your device wishes to withdraw your consent at any time, you have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying your privacy or browser setting. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our website and related services.
8. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
We are committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. The access to your details are limited within our systems and our systems are protected by appropriate security controls, including password protection and anti- virus software which protect our systems from external attack and unauthorised access. We also recommend that you install your own security measure, firewalls, software, spyware and other appropriate security procedures and virus protection measures.
Please note that transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure and whilst we do our best to keep our own systems secure, we cannot control the entirety of the internet and cannot therefore guarantee the security of your information as is transmitted to and from our website.
9. YOUR RIGHTS
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time;
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge;
- the right to ask us to delete details we hold about you, unless we are legally bound to keep the data;
- To ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information;
- You have the right to receive any data we hold about you in portable format;
- To object to the processing of your personal information.
- Where you have given specific consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time;
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Isle of Man Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details are available on www.inforights.im
You have the following rights:
If you have any questions about how we use your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by e- mail firstname.lastname@example.org.